Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fortunate Sons

It was a sausage party on the bocce court Saturday, as we had five males representing IYWMB for the match against Chew Bocce: Hot Legs, Gladrags, Reason to Believe, Down the Gasoline Bocce, and me, The Balltrap.

We pulled out a victory in three games, but the last one was as lucky as lucky gets. We were down 6 to 5 and our opponents had three balls left to throw, with a wide open space surrounding the pallino. I thought it was over for sure. But no, they failed on each attempt to get closer, and at the last second I realized that we had not one but two green balls closer than any reds: we had won!

Considering we lost handily to Chew Bocce the first time we played them, this was an encouraging victory. None of us played super well, but we had our moments and they managed to be enough to bring our record up to 4-4. All that's left is a doubleheader against Cobra Kai (who vanquished the Coffee Flats Terrors on Saturday) and Joanie Loves Bocce, on April 22. And then, of course, the tournament!

I would say we should all practice before then, but given that no matter how much I practice, I still manage to make some astoundingly shitty shots every time I play, I'm not sure if practicing has that much value. But we should at least have some kind of team bonding activity. I do want my fellow team members' bocce, and yes, I do think they're sexy.

[Posted by Balltrap]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will use the life and times of one Pat Morita to inspire me to sweep the metaphysical leg of team Kobra Kai.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/91/81/88m.jpg

- Reason to Believe

youthlarge said...

good rolling team! sorry i couldn't make it but you boys need a sausage party every now and then.