Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rod Doesn't Have Time For Traitors

I received this e-mail recently from Lethal Dose of Love:

"Sir,

It is with regret that i have to announce my secondment from IYWMB for the summer season. This is in the English tradition of cricketers playing the winter months in the southern hemisphere and the summer months up north.

I have been asked to establish a rival team. I will poach no players from IYWMB (apart from Beth) and will continue to play a part in what remains of our spring season. I will harbor no ill feelings towards IYWMB (How could I?).

I hope that you will be amused by our efforts during the summer months and that we may even meet upon the Bocce Court at some time in the future.

Yours in Rod,
Lethal Dose of Love"

We wish him well and can only hope that Beth comes to her senses and decides to stay with us.

6 comments:

Mondale said...

I haven't left yet, this has yet to be resolved.

youthlarge said...

screw it, you're dead to us benedict arnold. but seriously, can we keep beth?

Mondale said...

I'm happy to walk away from folk who can't recognise talent and spirit in their midsts. I'm taking the wife with me.
Jim, I'm sorry.

Jim said...

Man, who are these shadow conspirators you're joining with? They can't be as fun as us. We will miss you and Beth. And when I say "we" I mean whoever is playing in the summer, which is probably not me. I need a season of rest.

Listmaker said...

i think glen might be joining his new squad too.
plus i'd be shocked if mitch even rolls a ball in anger again either.
but the good news is that we have added beth.
7 is good. let's keep it at 7 and we'll be ready to kick ass, rod style.

youthlarge said...

you should refer to her as the china-latina chowhound as to avoid confusion with missus benedict arnold.