Monday, October 23, 2006

In a Week Where Rod Stewart Had the Number One CD in the Land, How Could We Lose?

I haven't met all of the new teams (granted two of them were too lame to even show up to face us) but how can anyone be nicer than the Cleveland Steamers? Mild-mannered yet competitive, these newbies took us for all we were worth on Saturday.


For the second straight week, If You Want My Bocce played short-handed. Only Love Touch was loyal enough to make it to matches each of the past two weeks. If I had actually gotten my Rod MVP idea off the ground, she would definitely deserve the Rod LP of the week for showing up to both matches.

Love Touch and Young Turk played well together. Yours truly and the Balltrap were inconsistent but pulled it together when it mattered most.

In Game 1, we almost blew a 5-0 early lead but held onto win 7-6. In Game 2, we came from a 6-2 hole to win 7-6. The Cleveland Steamers bought us some beer and we all toasted the good cheer of everyone involved. Up next, the Coffee Flats Mercenaries.

Record: 3-1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello

youthlarge said...

i think petey the miniature fox terrier brought us good luck.

ooooh! my word verification is sujan jumbled up!

Anonymous said...

dn,

you need to stop calling us that, you know it drives me totally crazy. I think we can all agree that boccelism is the yankees.

I would rather have any baseball team win the world series than the yankees, and the same goes for boccelism.

Hell, I'd rather see Cobra "Pride of Jersey" Kai win than see Boccelism win again.

Anonymous said...

now you're just being mean dn.

we'll settle it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Umm... I think it's been settled.

Anonymous said...

very cute mike.