Thursday, December 14, 2006

All Rod, All the Time

As the playoffs loom, Team Rod feels relaxed and ready to take on the best that Brooklyn bocce has to offer. We are primed for victory.

If we win, should we take the limo here?

If that proves too pricey, it is a definite that we all get together sometime soon and watch this. I'd like to thank the once and future Rod, "Downtrain Train," for forwarding that tasty bit of information.

Also, I'd like to share this nice comment on the Beeyotcees blog about us. Liz says:

If You Want My Bocce could be my favorite team to play. I mean, they're competitive but friendly, they wear bright green shirts, they're mild-mannered but silly, they display Rod Stewart memorabilia, and I'm pretty sure I heard them quietly playing some Rod tunes on an mp3 player or a cell phone or something. They're so cheesy and adorable that I can't help but like them, even though I want to hate them for winning.
Yes, that was "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" on Reason to Believe's cellphone. This is the second time that Team Rod has been called cheesy. Maybe in both cases, the word that was meant to be used was classy. Because, of course, Rod is all class.

Finally, I received a message in my inbox the other day from the team captain of our first opponent this Saturday, the Sweet Meats. No words, but only this.


At first, I wasn't sure what the message that Cap'n Sweet Meat was trying to convey. But the more I thought about it, the more obvious it became to me.

It is actually quite simple. Rod is a man. Spelled M-A-N. Rod is a carnivore.

The Sweet Meats will be devoured on 12-16-06 by Rod. Thanks for the image, Cap'n Sweet Meat. You have now very much whetted Rod's appetite.

Saturday looms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Godspeed IYWMB.