Tuesday, July 25, 2006

If You Want My Dinkins

Earlier tonight, or I suppose last night, technically speaking, If You Want My Bocce took on last season's "Best Team Name" winner, Mayor Ed Boch. I would like to point out that not one of them asked me "hey, how ya doin'?", to which I would have responded "I'm doin' fine", like the good New Yorker that I am. Humph. Anyway, we beat them 7-2, 7-5. I would go into more detail, but it was fairly uneventful.

Despite the absence of our fearless leader and his lovely wife, we all rolled pretty well. To be honest, I wasn't too pleased with my own performance, but I thought we did really well as a team. Sarah, who is an even rookier rookie than I am, was phenomenal. She came up big for us a bunch of times (photographic evidence of this coming soon).

So next week we're off and then we have a doubleheader on August 7th, where we will face off against Jonny Cakes and last season's champions, Boccelism. Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation, so I won't be there to see Captain Boccelism feel the full weight of all that is Rod. I'll be rocking the green up in Maine though.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they were too stunned from their loss to Boccelism to be more friendly.

Anonymous said...

Except that they lost to Dirty Ol' Barristers right before they were they confronted by the Rod. Although - I understand how all that lawyer-talk could really have messed with their heads.

China-Latina Chowhound said...

It's true, it was probably all the legalese from the prior match that caused them to forget their manners, as well as their namesake's signature question. Whatever, screw that Bush Dem AND those MEB poseurs.

Jim said...

ODB gets the award for most generous for passing out that birthday cake to everyone. That might even qualify them for the Balls of Integrity.

youthlarge said...

yeah rod! we should have made up new shirts that said, "rod was robbed - best team name, spring 2006!"

Anonymous said...

i'm totally blushing. i just had to make up for the last game, during which i totally sucked. maybe i shouldn't play with 'reason to believe' anymore - he distracts me.

Anonymous said...

Watch it guys, you keep on pumping up sweet little rock and roller, and she's going to fall over from her head getting too big.

jamie said...

man, i can't believe i've been missing all this stuff this season. due to softball conflicts, i haven't even made a match yet. i'm gonna have to come watch you guys just to get the juices flowing before the playoffs.

youthlarge said...

if you want my dinkins makes me laugh every time!

China-Latina Chowhound said...

I overheard Jim say "we should call ourselves If You Want My Dinkins" when we played Mayor Ed Boch. It made me crack up and I thought it would be a good name for the post. Oh Jim!