Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Not a Bad Start

If You Want My Bocce went head to head with the 2nd place finishers in the Spring Playoffs - Old Dirty Barristers.

We brought in a rookie - Beth - too new to even have a Rod nickname.

We quickly fell behind 6-0 in game one before roaring back to take a 7-6 victory! Actually, they kind of gave us a bunch of points but still ...

The second game saw us meekly fall 7-3.

The third game was good - at first. We took a 5-3 lead before succumbing to a 7-5 defeat.

We have held our own in our last two matches - against the top two teams in the playoffs. Not bad.

We just don't quite have the killer instinct yet. But once we get it, watch the fuck out.

11 comments:

Jim said...

We didn't win but at least we fought hard and it was truly a team effort. Everyone put in equal time and each player had some awesome shots. Beth the rookie sealed the comeback on the first game for us with the winning shot. Not a bad way to debut. I will be out of town next week but I'll be rooting for you guys. Kick some Monday night ass! (Cue Hank Williams Jr. singing "Are you ready for some BOCCE?!")

Jack said...

I love how I'm crossed off the list. Like I was tested for illegal substances and got banned. Are you moving this thing over to Union Hall or still doing it at Floyd?

Listmaker said...

depends whether they have a league at union hall or not.

ez said...

If you're happy with a loss, guess what?

You'll lose.

Listmaker said...

ezra,

keep the inspirational messages to your team's blog.

ez said...

Look, everyone knows I'm the IYWMB #1 fan. I'm just looking for a little fire from the boys and girls in green. I want to see that killer instinct now, as opposed to just talking about it.

Listmaker said...

if we get any more tense, there might be in team fistfights. i think it was pat morita who said, "relax so you can kick ass"

China-Latina Chowhound said...

I'm all for relaxing. When I put too much pressure on myself, I ultimately fail. I still need a Rod name, which is making me tense. Just kidding.

youthlarge said...

dear ezra and sensei,

sod off!

love,
dixie toot

ez said...

sod off?

Come on Dixie, I know you can do better than that. You think hardened karate champions like the Kai understand British idioms?

youthlarge said...

i can definitely do better than that, but i would like this to remain a blog for all.