Monday, March 20, 2006

If You Want My Bocce Evens Its Record

The Look of Champions, Or At Least a .500 Team
Dixie Toot made her official debut on Saturday and looked and played damn fine. She even convinced The Balltrap that it was okay to be photographed while rolling.

We easily dispatched Team ODIN 7-2 in the first match. There were no fights like they had with the Terrors last week although The Balltrap was itching for one. This captain is not a huge stickler for the rules and once again I am glad to state that anyone else on the team can take my position anytime they want.

Anyway, we were so damn great that we took a 6-0 lead in the second match. Then Lethal Dose of Love Alex got a little too cocky and started blowing things. ODIN decided to change their luck and mid-game, they changed their team name! Terrors and Balltrap, is that within the rules? I'll bet it isn't.

Regardless, the finely dressed young ladies and gents came roaring back to tie the match at 6-6! I was already planning who was going to be in for the third game. However, The Balltrap and Dixie Toot came through in the clutch and all was saved.

Even without the stalwarts, Reason to Believe, Glad-Rags, and I Wish I Was Home Tonite, we came out victorious. Downtrain Train rolled well. Dixie Toot shined. The Balltrap dazzled with his precision rolling. Yours truly, Hot Legs, stunk up the joint and depending on how practices go this week might find himself on the bench this coming Saturday. Gettin' Hungry has had better days rolling but will definitely come back strong ready to kick some bocce ass. Down the Gasoline Glen astounded with some key rolls with his "I act like I don't care during practice before the match and then bam roll me some nice shots during the match" kind of style.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Hey, I didn't even notice you were taking my picture! And it's one of only about 3 or 4 decent pictures that have ever been taken of me. Nice job.

This week we have to focus all our energies on Saturday's opponent: the Coffee Flats Terros. Forget about the past, forget about the future. All that matters is that 45 minutes on the bocce court. Those red shirts will bring out the bullfighter in all of us. Let's do this thing.

Jim said...

Actually, I guess what I meant was that the Terros/Terors will be the vulnerable bullfighters, waving their red shirts overconfidently in our faces, and we will be the angry, snarling, charging bulls with extremely long and sharp horns. Yeah!

Mondale said...

I have to apologise for the lacksidasical slackness of my second game bowling. Won't happpen again .

ez said...

jim...

you've gone off the deep end. you know that right?

Jim said...

That's right, I'm crazy. Crazy like Rod Stewart's hair!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Rod Stewart's hair... when do we get the team wigs?